All types of wire whether enameled or bare must be received, stored, and handled with the utmost care to prevent damage to the wire. The following are recommendations for handling wire purchased from Jelliff Corporation. Please note that these are recommendations only, the proper receiving, handling and storage of the wire is the customers’ sole responsibility.
1) All incoming shipments should go thorough receiving inspection immediately upon arrival.
2) Check shipping boxes or containers for damage that may have occurred in transit, notifying the carrier if damage is detected.
3) Do not bump or puncture the shipping boxes or containers, as this may cause wire to shift on the spool and/or result in damage to the wire surface.
4) Take special care to avoid touching the surface of the wire with any object.
Notify Jelliff Corporation immediately if the receiving inspection reveals wire that is damaged or which shifted on the spool.
1) Wire manufactured by Jelliff Corporation can be safely stored in its original packaging. It is recommended to keep the wire in its original bag and carton until needed.
2) Store the wire in a clean, dry, non-corrosive environment.
3) Store spooled wire horizontally to prevent wire shifting.
4) Store wire spools of different sizes in separate locations.
Once removed from original cartons, do not stack spools directly on top of each other, as this may allow contact between spool flanges and the wire surface. Contact may damage the wire causing it to short-circuit and/or break.
1) Avoid wire contamination by wearing clean, dry gloves when handling the wire.
2) When removing the spools from the original carton, bend all lids and flaps fully away from the spools.
3) If the wire is covered by a protective wrapper, then do not remove the wrapper until ready to load the spool onto the processing equipment.
4) Use extreme care when removing the tape from the wrapper and the wrapper from the spool. Place the wrapper(s) back in the carton(s) for re-use.
5) If the unused wire is going to be kept for later use, carefully affix the loose end to the nearest spool flange with tape.
6) If the spool was originally covered with a protective wrapper, then carefully re-cover the exposed wire.
7) Place the spool of unused material back in the provided bag before placing in the original carton for storage.
8) Maintain proper tension control during wire payoff to prevent wire shifting, which could result in damage or breakage to the wire.